Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 | Posted by: Julie Franklin CMS and Peter Garrett ONC on ONC’s Health IT Buzz blog and republished here by e-Healthcare Marketing.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) want to help you on your journey to becoming a meaningful user of certified electronic health record (EHR) technology. Here are resources about meaningful use, Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, and the EHR certification process to help guide you:
Meaningful Use and Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs
1) Meaningful Use Overview
2) Path to Payment
3) PowerPoint Presentation: Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs Final Rule
4) Timeline: Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs
5) Being a Meaningful User of Electronic Health Records
6) Meaningful Use Specification Sheets
7) Flow Chart – Determine Eligibility for Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs
1) Certification Programs Overview
2) Standards and Certification Criteria Final Rule Fact Sheet
3) HITECH Temporary Certification Program for EHR Technology Fact Sheet
4) Temporary Certification Program Final Rule Frequently Asked Questions
5) Permanent Certification Program
6) Certified Health IT Product List
Privacy and Security
1) Building Trust in Health Information Exchange
2) Health Information Privacy and Information on HIPAA
For additional resources on certification and meaningful use check out ONC’s Meaningful Use resources:
ONC has also funded 62 Regional Extension Centers, located across the country, to offer customized, on-the-ground assistance for providers who need help adopting and meaningfully using certified EHR technology.
You can also stay up to date on ONC and CMS activities by:
- Signing up for ONC’s e-mail updates or
- Visiting CMS’ Spotlight and Upcoming Events at: https://www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/50_Spotlight.asp
What resources or tools from ONC, CMS, or other organizations have you or your practice used to help you become a meaningful user? What challenges have you faced on your road to meaningful use? We encourage you to start a dialogue and share your comments [on the ONC site].
Please share your comments directly on the ONC Health IT Buzz blog post.