Plans Approved for California, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, New Mexico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah
Versions of eight of nine state plans are publicly available.
See December 8, 2010 updated list with Nebraska and Michigan on e-Healthcare Marketing.
These plans and dates were excerpted on December 1, 2010 from Office of National Coordinator (ONC) for Health IT’s “State HIE Toolkit.” These are from section called “Planning Examples & Case Studies.”
“The State HIE Toolkit is a compilation of resources provided under the auspices of the State HIE Program sponsored by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC).”
Examples of ONC approved Strategic and Operational Plans:
- New Mexico Strategic and Operational Plan V2 (update posted 5/18/10)
- Utah Strategic and Operational Plan (posted 5/18/10)
- Maryland Strategic and Operational Plan (posted 6/10/10)
- Tennessee Gap Analysis and Strategic and Operational Plans (posted 10/1/10) New!
- South Carolina Strategic and Operational Plans (posted 10/5/10) New!
- Texas Strategic and Operational Plan (posted 12/1/10)
States/SDEs with Approved Strategic and Operational Plans
Both California and Maine plans, while not yet posted by ONC, have been previously posted on e-Healthcare Marketing. (See link at bottom of this post.) Still need to ascertain if the California and Maine plans posted on e-Healthcare Marketing are final approved plans.
|State||Date Approved||Date Posted||Documents|
|California||6/16/2010||Will be posted soon|
|Delaware||5/17/2010||Will be posted soon|
|Maine||8/16/10||Will be posted soon|
See e-Healthcare Marketing post for 31 State Health Information Exchange Plans, last updated on November 21, 2010. The Nov 21 update still needs to be reviewed and revised based on plan revisions not yet captured in that post.